Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ode to Abby Pohlman

I remember the day you took down the sign
On Monarch Way--right across from mine

How great to have the Pohlman crew
In Olympus 6th ward, whoopdedoo!

Little did I know the neighbor you'd be
That Abby Pohlman sure takes care of me

You make me walk in the cold a.m.'s
You schedule our visiting teaching at every month end.

You take care of my child every week
You make me dinner when I feel bleak

My list about you could go on and on
But the Bachelors on so I am gone!

Thank you Abby Rogers Pohlman!

7 comments:

Alan and Abby said...

SARA!!!!
You are sooo sweet! I have missed you. Well, not you because I see you every day, but your blog. I love having you as my neighbor and more importantly, my friend. What a great tribute. I am very touched and only do the things I do because you would do the same and because I love you! Sunny days are ahead! And so will be our walks!

Brooke said...

Sara- had no idea that you were such a poet! Brilliant.

Darbee said...

It's fun to have you back to blogging. How fun to be so close to Abby. I'm a little jealous that you both are in Holladay...and neighbors! Zach and I can't wait to get back up there! I'm glad you guys are doing well. When the weather gets better...let's get together for a bbq or something! It's been SO long!

Eddy and Wife said...

I tagged you, sorry. Check out the tag on my blog. I'm not sure how this all works.

naptime nostalgia said...

Sara,

I keep checking and checking for an Ode To Amy post, but alas, nothing.

This is fine though, really. I'm not the least bit bitter.

But really, are we going to the SITC movie together when it comes out in SLC or what?

You need to blog more. Cause I like it.

Bye!

P.S. the word verification I just typed is impalafd. Don't you think that is a bit much?

Stacie said...

I agree with Amy! I am happy your are blogging again. That was such a great poem to abby. I loved it. Are you going to do that for the rest of us. I think its only fair!!

ashley said...

well hello sara! i just came across your blog from heidi's and was so happy to see you and mike and that cute little man of yours!
so i am terrible and didn't even know that you had a little boy, so congrats!
glad to see your doing well
love to you all~~ash

Already Walking!?!

Already Walking!?!

Loves that Tongue!

Loves that Tongue!

Abby

Abby

Paradise

Paradise

Dolphin Adventure

Dolphin Adventure

Titanic Photo Op

Titanic Photo Op

This is the life!

This is the life!

Coco Kay

Coco Kay

Meet the Rogers

Meet the Rogers
Rogers Family

I"m an angry elf

I"m an angry elf

Goodbye 1970

Goodbye 1970

Montana