Wednesday, July 9, 2008

'Sup




That's right. I'm back and better than ever. Hello blog world. How have you been? I've got pics to post, things to talk about and I'm ready to write my monthly letter.


I love Summer. I had to get that off my chest in case anyone thought I didn't. I do and I'm happy it's here. Will and I have been tearin' up the streets (or Monarch Way) this year. We went swimming, the zoo, swim lessons, Liberty park, Milcreek Canyon,etc. and it's only Wednesday. I'm exhausted. I get one week off of work and I want to live it up but man, I can't go like this anymore. I am in my late twenties after all. Will is a little fish in the water and is loving his new goggles. I can't wait to post pics of that because he looks a little "different". He's also becoming quite the soccer player so that I do have pictures of because he won't leave home without his balls -- clean it up guys.


I was unable to make it to the reunion and yes, I'm sad about it. I had Youth Conference that weekend and couldn't get out of it. I'm so glad I went. It was the EFY style spiritual boost that I needed in my life. I could go on and on about it but I won't. I will say that Jill Stevens really is my hero and I would love for anyone who reads my blog to Google her and read all about her. She spoke and no one knew her at the beginning but by the end she had over 900 kids giving her a standing ovation and we ALL had tears in our eyes. What a hero. I got my picture with her and I'll admit I was kind of excited about it. Amazing. I have loved hearing about the reunion and it sounds like there was no drama. It sounds like everyone is doing great and that makes me happy to hear it. We had an awesome grade--great group of people.


I've decided that I am going to add more items to my resume so that I can expand my job career outside of the mortgage world. I'm going to add photographer, waxing specialist and interior designer to the list. The photography thing is going to take a while before I'll make it a career choice but I'll keep you posted. I just need to learn how to use a camera first. Waxing -- bring it on. I love ripping hair out of peoples bodies. Sick? You are! I enjoy it so come on over and I'll rip each individual hair out of your body and enjoy every second of it. (insert evil laughter here) Interior design -well, love it. No, I don't have a design degree or a general contractor's license but man, I do love to shop and pick out colors, cabinets, counters, floors, faucets, lighting, appliances, should I go on? I love it. Love it. I can honestly say that I am passionate about it so why not get paid for it, right? I don't remember the last time I was passionate about putting someone into a 30 year fixed mortgage or taking a borrower from a conventional to a FHA loan. I've got a couple of homes going and I'll post pics to get opinions. I want real opinions too, not fake ones. No need to be fake on blogs because you can respond anonymously and I'll never know (except that it will bug me so much that I will do everything in my power to find out who responded until I do KNOW).


Mike is nice. I like him. We are having our 5 year anniversary on July 17 (same day as Ashley's birthday -- holla) and wow, 5 years. I need some great, inexpensive ideas on what I should do because I want to make it an anniversary that won't be forgotten. Inexpensive is the operative word there. What a man. It feels like we have been married longer than 5 years but shorter at the same time. I'm starting to forget what it was like to not be with him and I'm completely okay with that. Did I like kissing other boys? You bet and my friends all know that i loved dating but Miker is much better. I'll have to spend an entire post telling about him one day (or not) because he is a keeper. He'll never read this but Mike, rock hard. Hee hee.


I'm done. Now I need to figure out how to add the pictures to this so that I can relax and watch a little Ellen before I continue to work.


9 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah for the monthly post- but maybe you could ease into bi-monthly now :) When are we going to take the kids to a park or something?

Cammie said...

Interior designer eh? You can so be mine! I am dreading that part of the building process...decorating and all yikes!
Happy 5 years in a week!z

Katy said...

I'm all for the monthly posts, since it seems like that's all I ever do...love the new pixs!

heidi said...

i love you sara and all your nasty ball talk too. :) come help me decorate my new house...well i don't have one yet, but one day when i have a new house, garens its going to need some nice fixing up and decorating. come out to smoky lodi sometime. thanks for the slurpee input. i dig slurpees.

Kelli J. said...

Woohoo! Sara lives! Just kidding...I do get the occasional email, so I wasn't too worried. Maybe I should say, Sara-the-Blogger lives! I am with you about summer. Even though I am huge and pregnant, I can't remember the last summer I enjoyed like this one. Don't get me wrong I am SO hot most of the time and am constantly looking for ways to stay cool with this small little furnace (aka my fetus), but Luke & I have done a bunch of fun "summer" things and I love it! YEAH SUMMER!

naptime nostalgia said...

Nice to see you are back in action. I love a good Sara post. My heart is hurt and wounded that you don't have my naptime blog linked to yours.

We need to play together soon.

leslie said...

hi sara, i feel like i should be saying hi long lost roommate, you're still one of my fav roommates ever and i'm glad i stumbled onto your blog!
-leslie

Heidi said...

So Sara, your little boy is so cute! I can totally see you and Mike in him. WE need to get together! Mary and I wanna go to lunch with you so bad, we were talking about it today. Idon't have your number, so will you call me so we can plan something? It's 243-8279. Your family is darling. Talk to you soon,
Heidi

Lindsay said...

Sarah! Hey howzit? Ok so I've just been catching up on your life... your blog cracks me up! So we JUST moved away from Utah like a month ago, I can't believe you were living there this whole time! Where do you guys live? Funny thing is I THINK I saw you one time in Target but I was like, "no that can't be Sarah, I'd know if she lived here in Utah." And as it turns out it probably was you! Ok anyway write some more so I can continue to be entertained! :) Will is a doll!

Already Walking!?!

Already Walking!?!

Loves that Tongue!

Loves that Tongue!

Abby

Abby

Paradise

Paradise

Dolphin Adventure

Dolphin Adventure

Titanic Photo Op

Titanic Photo Op

This is the life!

This is the life!

Coco Kay

Coco Kay

Meet the Rogers

Meet the Rogers
Rogers Family

I"m an angry elf

I"m an angry elf

Goodbye 1970

Goodbye 1970

Montana