Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Good Ol' Days


Holy bloody nose! It's 2:30 in the a.m. and I can't stop bleeding from my nostril. This is the Niagara Falls of bloody noses and I can't figure out why. Do I have leukemia? Am I dying? I'm not ready to die. I still haven't traveled the entire world and I have several more babies to pop out and raise. I like Mike too and I don't want to leave him because then he'll be alone and dress Will in funny mismatched clothes and cook him weird food (no offense Mike but we all know lemons and tuna fish don't taste good in eggs). Even worse, he'll replace me. Eww, I wonder what hussy will be taking my place and raising my child. I hate her already so she better watch it. That's my hubby she's loving and my son she's raising. I don't think I could share Mike in the after life so that's just not going to work out. Dying is not an option for me at this time so my nose better settle down.


I decided that since I'm up I should prepare for my Young Women's lesson tomorrow (no, I don't procrastinate) and came across all my journals. Wow, memory lane. I can't believe how many experiences I don't remember or how differently I remember things from what actually happened. It's great to read back on my life and realize how much I've loved every step of the way. My girlfriends, boyfriends, Hawaii--awesome. In fact, awesome doesn't do it justice so I am just glad I have the journals to relive it all whenever I want to. I miss everyone. I miss the excitement and spontaneity, the adventure, the boys. I really liked boys.


I feel like the spontaneity has left my life because it doesn't work too well with kids but the rest is there. Oh, maybe not the boys but everything else. It's just in a different way. Every day is an adventure with Will. I wouldn't change a thing but I kind of miss who I was. I miss being such a dreamer. I am now so responsible (well, as responsible as I can get) and practical. I don't feel fun anymore. That's it--I'm going to quit being logical bloody-nosed Sara for no other reason than I'm feeling light headed from blood loss. I'm gonna make life more exiting starting tomorrow after church and Sunday naps. Well, maybe I'll just start Monday along with my diet, workout, and everything else that always has to start over on Mondays. Monday is no longer mess up day -- it's start over day. Maybe I'll start out by buying a Mogo. The infomercial is on right now and man, they look like they're having so much fun pushing their scooter/bike. It even comes with a water bottle and Mogo T-shirt but only if you call in the next 10 minutes. Score!


Mahalo and mahalo!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

I hope your nose stopped bleeding.

Life changes as we grow up. You're still that fun Sara though.

Jill said...

It is funny to see how different life can be in a matter of a couple years. Doesn't mean to partying's over yet, just the making out with random boys!

Da Denninghoff's said...

Sara, I love You!

Kelli J. said...

You make me laugh - ALWAYS! Leukemia? Death? I usually jump to those silly explanations other than the more likely, simple reasons why somethings like bloody noses happen. The other night before bed I told Nick that if I died in my sleep, don't forget to rule out blood clot in my autopsy ('cause I think that's what my ailment was at the moment) and that I loved him and to be careful in chosing my replacement.

You are way fun, Sara! Yes, it is a different, more responsible, mature fun, but you are FUN!

Stephanie said...

Dude, I love you! Great post and so sorry about the other weekend. I don't know how I will make it up to you and Jill!??

Brooke said...

More Spontaneous, eh? Feel like doing a half marathon in San Jose in October? It is kind of a planned spontenaety! :)
You are still fun for sure! Love hanging out.

Stacie said...

Sar, your blogs always crack me up. will you please write EVERY SINGLE DAY! Seriously! Anyway, I still think your so dang fun. oh, did I tell you I started a blog? ssrightnow.blogspot.com

Already Walking!?!

Already Walking!?!

Loves that Tongue!

Loves that Tongue!

Abby

Abby

Paradise

Paradise

Dolphin Adventure

Dolphin Adventure

Titanic Photo Op

Titanic Photo Op

This is the life!

This is the life!

Coco Kay

Coco Kay

Meet the Rogers

Meet the Rogers
Rogers Family

I"m an angry elf

I"m an angry elf

Goodbye 1970

Goodbye 1970

Montana