Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh Richard


I just saw Richard Simmons on TV as I was working and thought wow, that is one interesting man. I decided to check out his website and I highly recommend it (http://www.richardsimmons.com/). The amazing thing about him is that he has been working out his entire life and he doesn't look that great. He has a pot belly, his arms are not toned and that wardrobe is awful. On the other hand he hasn't aged a bit, he still has a full (and I mean full) head of hair and his wardrobe from 25 years ago still fits him. Maybe it's all worth it. His face doesn't have wrinkles and he has more energy than anyone I know. What I would like to know is when he wakes up in the morning to get dressed does he say, "hmm, I think I'll wear the red and white striped short shorts with the sparkly red tank or maybe the blue and white star shorts with the sparkly blue tank". So many options. I'm proud of the good he has done for so many people and I do think he's an inspiration. All I know is that if I put as many hours into working out and teaching health I would hope to have a better body -- but who am I to judge, right? Go Richard.


2 comments:

Aimee said...

He still denies that he is drawn to the male gender. I have a hard time believing that he isn't gay based on many things about his character. It just makes me go hmmmm.....

Cammie said...

Richard story: I was in central park 12 years ago...eegads! I'm old!...with my sister and her gorgeous basketball team of 10. We had to stop him and meet him, after a few quick pictures he abruptly said, "Goodbye ladies" and ran the other direction yelling "Hello! Hello!" to two very athletic, very tattooed, very male men. Ummm, yeah, that's Richard.

Already Walking!?!

Already Walking!?!

Loves that Tongue!

Loves that Tongue!

Abby

Abby

Paradise

Paradise

Dolphin Adventure

Dolphin Adventure

Titanic Photo Op

Titanic Photo Op

This is the life!

This is the life!

Coco Kay

Coco Kay

Meet the Rogers

Meet the Rogers
Rogers Family

I"m an angry elf

I"m an angry elf

Goodbye 1970

Goodbye 1970

Montana