Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sweet Sounds of the Morning


There is nothing better than waking up to the sound of Montana getting ready to throw up in our bedroom. We were all dreaming peacefully when we heard the hacking convulsions of our dear dog. I was thrown into instant freak out mode to get her out in the backyard ASAP. I was yelling to scare her down the stairs, Mike woke up, Will started crying...great morning. The good news is that we made it outside and everyone is happy now. I don't do well with throw up!!


I'm sending the update that we have found a wonderful home for Montana. We have her with us until Thursday and then she flies off to New Hampshire to live on 3 acres. I realized that our lot is 1/12 the size of where she will live and she is going to be much happier. Her new owners, Jenny and Hubby, have 5 children that are dying to have a dog and can't wait to meet her. If you are a dog owner/lover you will understand and if you're not, well, you'll think I'm nuts. I have never cried so much in my life--ever. I had a full breakdown at Pets Mart the other day when I had to buy Montana a kennel while talking to the airlines about restrictions. I couldn't get my emotions in control and it had nothing to do with my pregnancy. I HATE that we are getting rid of her and I HATE that I have allergies. I HATE that she has to fly across country not knowing why she is leaving us, what we are doing to her and she'll probably think we don't love her. Plane rides are terrible on pets so don't ever do it.


The good thing is that I know she is going to a great home, great family and she'll have a HUGE yard with lots of trees and wooded areas to run in. She will probably be much happier and I want her to be but I don't want to be forgotten. Sweet Montana. She is truly the greatest dog anyone could ever hope for. Mike and I are done owning animals for a while because this is too emotional. He hasn't had a breakdown yet but I can guarantee I'm going to finally see some tears (he never cries) come this Thursday and if I see Mike cry I can only imagine what I'll do (picture full convulsions in fetal position). Anyway, I am attaching a picture of what her backyard is going to be because it makes me happy to think of her freedom.


Are we all so excited for Halloween? Best holiday ever right? Right! Obviously Christmas is the best so we don't have to go there but Halloween is great and I love dressing up. I'll post pics next week when there are pics to post!


4 comments:

The Archer Family said...

I am so sorry you have to get rid of Montana. It makes me tear up. I can't imagine what you are going through. I am sure she will be very happy in her new home and she will have 5 kids to keep her entertained.

Stacie said...

Sar, that is so sad. I will be thinking of you guys on thursday and will be sure to call to get the update. It was fun at lunch today. Your the best.

Brooke said...

My dogs frustrate the crap out of me some days, but I can't imagine having to give them away. Glad you found a great home for her. Be tough :) it will be ok.

ashley said...

hey- congrats on numero 2. that is exciting!
so sad that your dog has to go. so so sad. but sounds like he is going to a great new home.

Already Walking!?!

Already Walking!?!

Loves that Tongue!

Loves that Tongue!

Abby

Abby

Paradise

Paradise

Dolphin Adventure

Dolphin Adventure

Titanic Photo Op

Titanic Photo Op

This is the life!

This is the life!

Coco Kay

Coco Kay

Meet the Rogers

Meet the Rogers
Rogers Family

I"m an angry elf

I"m an angry elf

Goodbye 1970

Goodbye 1970

Montana