Friday, November 14, 2008

Things I've realized this past week....

I've been horribly sick this week so I've just let myself rot downstairs on my couch until this stupid illness passes. I've done nothing but learned a lot this week so here it goes:
1. I love Mike Rogers to death and I'm giving him the official "World's best Dad/Husband" award.
2. Will has a lot of energy--more than you can imagine--but he makes me laugh all the time.
3. I love my neighbors because they are always willing to help me out. Trisha and Abby never put themselves first but everyone before them so thank you!
4. I HATE the view. Hate it!!!!! I hate their opinions, their views, their faces, their values, their voices--should I continue? Great, I will.

I had a dream last night that I was on the View and had the opportunity to give my opinion about Prop 8. I was booed and hissed at, the women wouldn't let me complete sentences, I was angry and it was AWESOME! I felt so empowered this morning when I woke up and I only hope I get the opportunity in real life to tell them off. First of all Whoopi--get your facts straight before you go on national television with your opinions rioting against the Mormons. She gathers her one-sided facts like she is such a peace maker but neglects to gather facts on the other side of the issue. She has no clue what she's talking about and I can guarantee that she saw people outside the temple saying that Mormons hate gays and thought, "Hey, I don't hate gays so I'll go riot against the Mormons too". Barbara--don't get me started. I have no respect for her. Good job on having a successful career because that's all you have. I could throw out some low blows but I won't go there. Joy--whatever. I agree with nothing that comes out of your mouth, I don't value your opinions, your lifestyle or anything else so we're done there. I don't really know Cherie so I've got nothing against her except that she is for Prop 8 but is scared to admit it on the show because the 1 time she did her head was taken off. Then we come to Elizabeth--bless her strong soul. At least they have 1 person on the "View" that actually represents the majority of Middle America. Is anyone else fed up with the media? This so called media that represents the American view--it's crap! It represents the Hollywood, California/New York, New York view that the rest of America completely disagrees with. If they took their show and moved it to any middle state I'll bet the co-hosts would get booed off the stage for their opinions. It's no wonder they have to keep it on the east coast with an east coast audience. What idiots!

Okay, I'm done ranting. This rallying against our church has really gotten to me and I can say that I have never been more proud to me Mormon. I could go off forever on this topic too but it's too emotional. It's fine that we're taking the brunt of it all because it is what it is but over 52% of California voted "YES" and I know for a fact that California is NOT made up of 52% Mormons! Take THAT!!!!

8 comments:

Cory and Holly said...

Amen Sister!

heidi said...

i love you and thank you for sticking up for and fighting for prop 8!! you hear way more than i do from the media---thanks for sharing.

Brooke said...

I can't stand Joy from the View! I want to kick her in the face every time she opens that trap she calls a mouth. Ugh! And I am even more frustrated, like you, about all the crap the church is getting about Prop. 8. Heaven for bid that some of us value our family units!
Love that we are on the same page ;)

Brooke said...

Oh- and that really sucks that you are sick!!!

PS. Did you get my email about the frozen dinners? What do you think? Interested?

Darbee said...

Ditto! I can't even watch that show because it makes me so crazy!!! I've seriously considered writing them a letter, but figured my one small voice wouldn't ever make a difference... but you are brave to even vent on your blog! I bet you do feel empowered today! Good for you!

Alan and Abby said...

I LOVE SARA!

Blondie Blues said...

Oh Sara, how I LOVE, LOVE you! I couldn't agree more about the VIEW. I watch it often and feel the exact same way as you. I do love Elisabeth and love that she has such a strong back-bone; I envy that about her. I dislike JOY(the M-F'er)the most; she must have a constant stick up her A. I love reading your BLOG and I love it even more that I agree with it all. Your the best... P.S. If your going this week; I'm there. Call me.

jacey said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Already Walking!?!

Already Walking!?!

Loves that Tongue!

Loves that Tongue!

Abby

Abby

Paradise

Paradise

Dolphin Adventure

Dolphin Adventure

Titanic Photo Op

Titanic Photo Op

This is the life!

This is the life!

Coco Kay

Coco Kay

Meet the Rogers

Meet the Rogers
Rogers Family

I"m an angry elf

I"m an angry elf

Goodbye 1970

Goodbye 1970

Montana