Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy February 15th

Wow, what a Valentine's Day. I must admit it didn't start out so great. Work was INSANE so all I did all day was sit at my computer and neglect my child. Will cried because he was bored and there was nothing I could do. Sad. Mike pulled through last night and cooked, that's right--I said it, cooked us a fancy pants dinner and bought me chick flicks and diet cokes. What a man. He even cleaned the house for me. This isn't a brag about my hubby post but it kind of is because he deserves it and needs to know how wonderful he is.

We had a little bit of a scare during dinner and I think I should be turned into child services. Mike was cooking and I put Will in his high chair. I turned back to the counter (away from Will) to get him his food and turned around to see black smoke rising from his lap. He pulled a candle off the counter onto his lap and the flame was huge. I have to admit that it was a miracle he was not burned because normally if you pull a candle down onto your lap the flame would face you and catch you on fire while the wax would burn his body. Somehow the candle fell the opposite direction dripping wax all over the highchair, island and floor and the flame just burnt the arm of his high chair a little bit. Will wasn't even touched but WOW--how aweful of a mom am I? I'm so glad he's okay. I'm glad that guardian angel is really looking out for him because he's gonna need it.

President's Day weekend is here again and I'm not sure what President I should be this year. If we're going to have holidays we should make the most out of them. I think I'll be someone less famous because it seems like the same presidents get all the recognition year after year and we need to give a shout out to the little guys (holla)! Maybe I should have a President's Day party and we can eat only red, white and blue items. Maybe a little bleu cheese on tomatoes or something.

Okay, gotta get back to work....

6 comments:

Darbee said...

Wow, Sara! I am SO glad that your little guy is okay. What a scary ordeal...one that will definitely be remembered!

Lacey said...

sara what's up girl! so glad to see you on the circuit, the best thing about blogs is you reconnect with old but true friends! so glad your little guy is alright, i need more pics of your fam! if ya wana check out my site at fellarsfamily.blogspot.com. talk to you soon! love, lacey

Cammie said...

Sara, I love your new blog! Good job! Sorry about your scare with Will! I am so glad that he was damaged!
So, I tagged you! You must go to my blog, copy the questions and post your own answers and then tag two more people. Sorry about that, but I am looking forward to your answers!

heidi said...

well just to let you know, i reported you to CPS and they should be coming over to take will away any minute now. if that is the worst thing that ever happens to will you will be lucky. scary then, great story later.

Da Denninghoff's said...

He's got so big and he looks so cute. By the way you are so hard to get a hold of. I've been trying to call & email you. I guess this is your element now. I've discovered this is a great way to keep in touch. Your family is adorable. check out my blog when you get a chance. denninghoffs.blogspot.com

Blondie Blues said...

Sara, Love your BLOG! You were awesome Wednesday night! Thanks for doing so much and for having a brother who should be a DJ with all of that equipment. Your a ROCKSTAR! Love, Deb

Already Walking!?!

Already Walking!?!

Loves that Tongue!

Loves that Tongue!

Abby

Abby

Paradise

Paradise

Dolphin Adventure

Dolphin Adventure

Titanic Photo Op

Titanic Photo Op

This is the life!

This is the life!

Coco Kay

Coco Kay

Meet the Rogers

Meet the Rogers
Rogers Family

I"m an angry elf

I"m an angry elf

Goodbye 1970

Goodbye 1970

Montana