Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Groundhog's Day

I didn't hear the outcome of what the groundhog saw (or didn't see) but my guess is that we're in for a long winter. It's blowing like crazy outside and I can't sleep. I've also had Bekah (Adair) Nugent over here and we've been drinking too much coke so that has to add to it. She is hilarious and spent all night helping me figure out how to add pictures to my blog. I'm not even going to admit how long it took us to upload some basic pictures because it's embarrassing.

Today was a mellow day and I attribute it to Hinkley's funeral. What an amazing man and what a beautiful service. I didn't get to go in person but just hearing about him all week long combined with his funeral service makes me realize how much more I need to be doing. I've got a lot to accomplish in a short period of time so today will be the day I start. Maybe Monday is a better start date because it's Sunday and a fast Sunday at that. I'm not off to a good start am I?!?

I think I say this in every e-mail and post but Will is awesome. I have noticed that he talks a lot and it's funny that others around me have made the same comments. He obviously can't say words yet but it doesn't stop him. He makes me laugh all day long because he'll talk to his toys, he'll yell at me, he'll laugh at Montana and he'll sweet talk his daddy. I love seeing his little personality grow because he is so much fun. He almost has the walking thing down now and it has resulted in a lot of bumps and bruises. Someone might look at him and turn me in to child services.

I didn't even write about this earlier but we went on a cruise a couple of weeks ago and it was great. The weather was beautiful and it was so nice to just be with Mike. He's a lot of fun and sometimes I forget that because we're so busy with life. We made some fun friends on the boat and I think we were the only sober people on the entire ship. It made me realize how grateful I am for the gospel but I also realized that karaoke is much more fun when you throw back a few. This was Mike's first official cruise and we really had a great time. I've decided that a cruise is an excellent way to relax but I love the adventure of backpacking through wherever not knowing what's in store. We're just going to vacation both ways to satisfy our hunger for adventure and our need for relaxation. :)

I'm done. I can't stay up this late anymore. I already know I'm going to regret losing this much sleep tomorrow so I'm out. Besides, I need to be well rested for the Superbowl. I don't really care about the game but I care about Tom Brady for all the right reasons.

5 comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

FYI--He did see his dang shadow. Therefore, six more weeks of winter, which I could have told you with out the darn groundhog.

Happy Groundhog day anyways!

And Tom Brady? Yes, please.

Stacie said...

Sar, I didn't know you went on a cruise. You need to post more pics. Pretty please?? I miss Will.

matt, bekah, jax said...

Hi! It looks so cute. Even better on my Mac (jk). I love you - I had so much fun with you even if we are blogger illiterate. At least we learned HTML. Can't wait to see you and baby Will in a month. Of course Mike too.

Jill said...

Wait, that was Miker's first official cruise. I swear you went on a cruise for your honeymoon, or are you deleting those memories? hehe

Ashley said...

Note to Ashley? thanks, I'll take it! I don't get it, but I feel special that my name is at the top of your blog! And yes, you need to post more pictures of your cruise! You were lucky to leave this blizzardy ice city for some sunshine. Don't you think they should call it Ice Lake City during the winter? Especially since thanks to Mr. P Phil diddy groundhog for seeing his shadow, we will have more winter. But I think it's a sham.

Your blog looks fantisimo and don't worry, I think the whole HTML thing is confusing too.

Already Walking!?!

Already Walking!?!

Loves that Tongue!

Loves that Tongue!

Abby

Abby

Paradise

Paradise

Dolphin Adventure

Dolphin Adventure

Titanic Photo Op

Titanic Photo Op

This is the life!

This is the life!

Coco Kay

Coco Kay

Meet the Rogers

Meet the Rogers
Rogers Family

I"m an angry elf

I"m an angry elf

Goodbye 1970

Goodbye 1970

Montana