Friday, February 1, 2008

Holy Bookcases Batman!

Hello again. I think I like this whole thing because it's fun to see you all respond. It's like I'm talking with all of you but not-- deep. Anyway, we are trying to finish our house up (we're a long way off) and I've spent the last 3 hours putting bookshelves together. It looks so easy on paper but it's taking me forever. I thought I could get it all done while Mike watched his dragon movie -- that's right I said dragon movie. Maybe my husband likes to watch Japanese cartoons about dragons and aliens in ancient days. I'll bet all of your husbands have their weird things, right?

Will officially walks now. He prefers standing and stepping over crawling and I am really excited. People keep telling me that I'm in for it but I already was with him crawling. I feel like the walking thing actually slows him down a bit so it's nice. I even have video of it all but I am WAY too lazy to put it on here right now. It's 12:30 for crying out loud. I also have to tell you that I hurt my boy's feelings today. It was so sad but funny. He kept holding onto my legs while I was folding laundry because he wanted to be held. I kept telling him to wait and he got fussy. He started whining so I firmly told him that I couldn't hold him right then and to stop crying. He honestly crawled down the hall, up the stairs and went and sat in the kitchen fussing. The kid is only 10 months old. I called him to come downstairs (like he understands me) and he wouldn't. I went up there and Will turned away from me with tears in his eyes. I held my hands out to him and told him to come to me and he just started crying so I held him and apologized. It was so sad. I just think of him as my baby (because he is a baby for crying out loud) and forget that he is growing up really fast. I really hurt his feelings and he knew that he just wanted to get away from me and cry it out. Sad.

I must admit I am feeling pressure to be funny after all of your comments. What if I don't feel funny right now? It's placing too much pressure on me. What if I am completely unfunny now because more is expected of me? Maybe I need to change the TV station because I'm watching COPS -- Mardi Gras. There's nothing funny about that. If it was Reno 911 it would be an entirely different story. I do love Lt. Dangle in his little cutoff jeans.

I'm going to bed now but I had to share my Will stories. Love him.

5 comments:

heidi said...

love you. love will. want to see you both (and mike too of course).

Deming Family said...

You need to post before and after photos of your entire house. It's AMAZING what you've done! For the record, your blog is way funny. It's up there with Amy's blog. I love it!

Deming Family said...

Oh, and I'm glad you didn't quit. What was all that quitting talk?

naptime nostalgia said...

I've put together many-a-things fom Ikea. Don't you love how they don't have words, only stick-figure people instructions? Makes me laugh.

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/pakaian-adat/

Already Walking!?!

Already Walking!?!

Loves that Tongue!

Loves that Tongue!

Abby

Abby

Paradise

Paradise

Dolphin Adventure

Dolphin Adventure

Titanic Photo Op

Titanic Photo Op

This is the life!

This is the life!

Coco Kay

Coco Kay

Meet the Rogers

Meet the Rogers
Rogers Family

I"m an angry elf

I"m an angry elf

Goodbye 1970

Goodbye 1970

Montana